Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Freedom Writers: Annotations/Thoughts

I would like to say that this was an astonishing, marvelous, and incredible movie on how it discusses some controversial topics. What I noticed in the movie was racism, gang violence, and correlation towards the holocaust. Some of these teens were going through at a young age seeing mortality struck at them and brutal, horrendous images. Some were probably going through depression, anxiety, and other unpleasant factors occurring in there lives. But this one teacher swifted these students towards someone new that will change the, into a terrific person. I really like how this teacher want's to support and actually want to help these students then letting them rot until they parish. I also feel like this relates towards the education factor today of how teachers are not to be friends with you or a great bond. There just there to teach you, but now schools are trying to engage more people with their teachers to have a more healthy attitude. Anyway, this movie made me intrigued to watch more and I was also apprehensive and anticipating that fatality's can occur. The section that made me gasp and think was when the teacher showed them the photo depicting of a black's man corpse dead. She discuss that some harsh things to these students and this teacher cares for these students than just being a regular teacher that doesn't care at if they fail. I also feel that most of the adults in this movie are the antagonist. I thought the students were this negative and notorious entity, but I realized that these adults are not helping them succeed. But this one teacher wanted to change the outlooks on life then there horrid moments they had in their past. Because, they aren't the one's who is malicious the threats in their life are and they change their way not them. If they hadn't had anything that's extremely threating then they will be more of a positive, hospitable people. I feel like overall the movie message was to change your ways before it's too late. Let's face it their are atrocious causalities in our world but we can take minimal steps towards these gigantic catastrophe harms. Overall, I really do enjoy how the movie implemented all these problems from history and today. My final rating on this movie is 10 out of 10! 😄 Here is the website towards the Freedom Writers foundation. http://www.freedomwritersfoundation.org

No comments:

Post a Comment