Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Stereotypes affecting us

There are plenty of stereotypes out there and that can harm people around the world. I think the main stereotype that I see outside or on the internet is rascim. We all heard about this cruel, foul word and it creates this cycle of animosity and hatred towards others. People in this world see this threat to them and that automatically makes them dangerous just because of their race. Muslim's for instance were in sever danger living in the U.S after 9/11 and people think as them as terriorest, so I feel like society thinks as other races as this malice, notorious race. It also correlates to my reading blog were I wrote about Ask Me No Questions and I discuss about the book and my analysis on it. The quote from the book that I felt like it's inspiring and an uprising is "America in the days of terrorism, orange alerts, and the Patriot Act, and a moving and important story about something most people take for granted-citizenship and acceptance in their country." Again I already stated this in my reading blog but I really do like how the book synthesized with terrorism and acceptance towards people. Overall, plenty and numerous of people are being effected by stereotypes at this second. I hope we can resolve this because the world might be declining into a bleak, crucial, and devastating circumstance. Here is an article describing how to ease stereotypes. http://www.medialit.org/reading-room/how-break-stereotype

No comments:

Post a Comment